Workday is a cloud-based application that will serve as a single system for the university’s finance, HR, payroll and student information. Modernizing administrative systems and increasing effectiveness of business processes will support the university’s operational excellence goals.
Follow the where has Workday been implemented link to see a list of peer universities and institutions either currently using Workday or in the process of an implementation.
Below is an introductory Workday video. Ohio State leaders, faculty, staff and students may also request an in-person presentation about the Enterprise Project and Workday via the Contact form.
Why did Ohio State choose Workday?
Workday puts the user experience first by streamlining business transactions, resulting in standardized service delivery and increased efficiency. The benefits of Workday will reach all members of the university community:
- Housing various administrative processes in a single system means a one-stop shop for students, faculty and staff.
- Workday’s cloud-based infrastructure allows individuals to easily access and manage information, anytime and anywhere.
- The system refreshes with automatic updates twice a year, introducing new capabilities to the entire enterprise at once.
- An industry leader, Workday earned a 97% customer satisfaction rating in 2016—and consistently ranks the highest among enterprise application vendors.
A number of other higher education institutions have successfully implemented Workday, including the peer R1 universities listed below. Access the Peer Institutions link for more detailed information on Workday implementations underway.
Institutions classified as R1 are those research universities evaluated as having the highest research activity based on the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education (link is external).
- Arizona State University
- Brandeis University
- Brown University
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Cornell University
- Georgetown University
- Louisiana State University
- Texas A&M University
- The University of Texas at Austin
- University of Miami
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Rochester
- University of Southern California
- University of Virginia
- Yale University
Academic medical centers who have implemented Workday:
- Keck Medicine of USC (University of Southern California)
- Lancaster General Health (University of Pennsylvania)