Workday is administrative technology that will serve as a single system for the university’s business operations in finance, human resources, payroll and supply chain. Beginning January 2021, Workday will replace outdated technology to create a better Ohio State experience. Faculty, staff and student employees will use Workday to update personal information, request leave, select benefits and more.
Modernizing administrative systems and increasing the effectiveness of business processes will support the university’s operational excellence goals.
Below is an introductory Workday video. Ohio State leaders, faculty and staff may also request an in-person presentation about the Enterprise Project and Workday via the Contact form.
Workday puts the user experience first by streamlining business transactions, resulting in consistent service delivery and increased efficiency. The benefits of Workday will reach all members of the university community:
- Housing various administrative processes in a single system means one place for faculty and staff to conduct many tasks.
- Workday’s cloud-based infrastructure allows individuals to easily access and manage real-time information, anytime and anywhere.
- The system refreshes with automatic updates twice a year, introducing new capabilities to the entire enterprise at once.
- An industry leader, Workday earned a 97% customer satisfaction rating in 2016—and consistently ranks the highest among enterprise application vendors.
A number of other higher education institutions have successfully implemented Workday, including the peer R1 universities listed below. Access the Peer Institutions link for more detailed information on Workday implementations underway.
Institutions classified as R1 are those research universities evaluated as having the highest research activity based on the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education (link is external).
- Arizona State University
- Brandeis University
- Brown University
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Cornell University
- Georgetown University
- Louisiana State University
- Texas A&M University
- The University of Texas at Austin
- University of Miami
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Rochester
- University of Southern California
- University of Virginia
- Yale University
Academic medical centers who have implemented Workday:
- Keck Medicine of USC (University of Southern California)
- Lancaster General Health (University of Pennsylvania)