Finance and Supply Chain
The Enterprise Project is a business transformation that will improve the Ohio State experience and advance operational excellence through Workday and other modern, effective services and technology.
Jump to Finance and Supply Chain Core Concepts below to explore high-level topics that will help core users begin to understand foundational concepts they will find in Workday, the future system for the university's finance, human resources, payroll and student information.
Benefits for Finance and Supply Chain Professionals
Through modern systems and more efficient processes, the Enterprise Project will help you focus your work day on what matters most to you. For finance and supply chain professionals, that means implementing a modern, integrated administrative system with standard processes, a new reporting platform and more mobile access to data.
Enhanced auditing and reporting, featuring both structured and unstructured data, provides a more complete picture of the business.
Working with one system results in a single source of truth for financial data, decreasing discrepancies and building better relationships across campus.
Streamlined and standardized processes, coupled with modern systems, will make Ohio State a leader in efficient business operations.
Finance and Supply Chain FAQs
What financial and supply chain processes and systems are changing?
How can I get involved in the Enterprise Project?
Contact email@example.com for more information on how you can get involved.
- Workday 101 for Finance (YouTube video) recorded session and supporting materials (Box link).
- Workday 101 for Supply Chain Management (YouTube video).
- Financial Worktags (YouTube video) recorded session and supporting materials (Box link).
- Business Processes (YouTube video) recorded session and supporting materials (Box link).
- Living in Live Data (YouTube video).
- Reporting (YouTube video).
- Security and Delegation (YouTube video).
Resources for Finance and Supply Chain Professionals
- Video: Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Treasurer Michael Papadakis, describes the business transformation and how will affect finance stakeholders at Ohio State
- Finance and Supply Chain Scope and Vision
- Communication Toolkit
- Enterprise Project Timeline
Finance and Supply Chain News
Feedback Friday articles address questions received through the Enterprise Project mailbox, meetings, contact form and surveys. Answers to the incoming questions and comments are provided by project team subject matter experts. Your questions and comments may be submitted though the Contact page .
The university’s Facilities Operations and Development’s Design and Construction team has successfully launched e-Builder at Ohio State, meeting an Enterprise Project goal that reflects modern technology and exceptional service. E-Builder is a cloud-based construction management software that tracks budgets, schedules and related documents.
As Ohio State progresses toward its initial release of Workday, staff who will frequently use the system to support their roles are receiving increased visibility into new system configurations. Most recently, around 150 Finance professionals participated in a “user preview” that demonstrated 15 common business processes related to accounting.