Workday will help leaders focus on what matters most – completing Buckeye business efficiently – through reliable, real-time information for HR, finance, supply chain and payroll, all woven together in one system. You’ll have the information you need to make a truly informed decision.
Learn more about what’s changing for leaders and how those changes will be implemented over the coming months.
What's Changing For Leaders
Technology Changes Overview for Leaders
|Today, I use:||Tomorrow, I will use:|
- I will partner with my HR Business Partner (HRBP) to develop a long-term talent strategy for the units I serve, including, but not limited to, talent forecasts and development, succession planning, inclusion and diversity.
- We will have checkpoints where discuss our progress to plan and adjust as needed. We will use Workday reports to help us inform these conversations.
- When an employee departs from my organization, my HRBP is a thought partner on how to appropriately backfill the role.
- I can enter and correct employee time in Workday, increasing efficiency and consistency for accurate timekeeping (non-Health System only).
- I will receive a notification when my employees submit a spend authorization for travel.
- I will recieve a notification when anyone in my unit creates a job requistion for a new role or to backfill an existing role.
- I must approve purchasing items of a certain threshold based on updated policy.
- I will have access to dashboards, including unit-level managerial reports, audit reports and calendars and other tools that increase the visibility, insight, analysis, and decision-making regarding faculty and staff, budgets, and other fiscal transactions.
- I will have increased visibility and insight into administrative information about my unit. My leadership team and I use Workday tools--dashboards, managerial reports, calendars, time tracking reports and more--to inform decision making.
- Unit faculty expenses post to our general ledger at the nine-month rate instead of the12-month rate, which allows me to budget for this population over a nine-month period.
- Employee fringe will be collected at the nine-month rate. This practice aids in grant billing, simplification of payouts for terminations, and timely collection of fringe benefits.
- We continue to distribute PCard to faculty and staff at our discretion (university only).
- Budgeting for Capital Projects will be set-up during the Capital Intake process in Adaptive Insights.
High Level Change Journey
- Attend a kickoff meeting hosted by their HRBP
Attend multiple demonstrations, scheduled by Change Coordinators in their college and unit where they “test drive” some of the new system features
- Meet with unit SFO and HRBP to review demos of what reports are available to them in Workday
Ensure unit administrative assistants attend a training on how to access key functionality in Workday
- Feel ready to use the pertinent part of the new system and support/help their staff do the same; while they might not know how to do everything in Workday, they know where to go for help
- Easily work with VP/dean and HRBP, upon departue of any direct reports or other key staff, to discuss next steps; while also working with unit admin to open the job requisition in Workday