Ohio State Demonstrates Leadership at Workday Conference
Members of Ohio State’s Enterprise Project team joined nearly 10,000 other Workday customers at the annual Workday Rising conference on October 1-4, 2018.
Workday Rising is an annual opportunity to bring Workday customers together to share new product developments and features. Customers are also able to connect with peer organizations implementing or maintaining Workday for their finance, supply chain, HR, payroll and student information.
This year, Ohio State played a leadership role through multiple presentations on the university’s approach to implementing Workday at a large, complex higher education institution.
- Associate Vice President for Administrative Systems David Kieffer and Associate Registrar Ryan Hunt joined leaders from the University of Rochester for a panel discussion on Workday Student early adopters. The panel discussed the unique challenges associated with higher education, including Ohio State’s strategies for implementing Workday Student.
- Finance Business Process Director Holly Ross joined a panel discussion with both higher education and private industry leaders on the role of Workday in organizational finance transformations.
- Student Business Process Manager Ron Salyers participated in a pre-conference discussion on implementing Workday Student. Ron spoke to the complexity of Ohio State’s implementation and the importance of strong project planning.
- During a popular session on change management in higher education, the Enterprise Project’s Organizational Change Management (OCM) team received praise from peer institutions for the design and content of communication materials, including the project’s website and email newsletter.
- Student Business Process Lead Kim Wortkoetter presented during a session on redesigning student financial accounting structures in Workday.
“Workday Rising was a great opportunity to gain insight from other institutions and share Ohio State’s lessons learned,” said Enterprise Project Director Michael Anderson. “Our presentations at Workday Rising 2018 confirmed Ohio State’s reputation as leaders in higher education business transformation and modern technology implementation.”
For more information on Workday Rising, visit workdayrising.com.