Revised Enterprise Project Timeline
In March, Ohio State leaders announced a six-month extension of the Workday implementation timeline and changes to the HR Service Delivery transition timing due to impacts of the coronavirus outbreak on the university community.
Workday Timeline Updates
Workday HR, Payroll, Finance, and Supply Chain will go live at Ohio State during the week of January 3, 2021:
- Workday HR and Payroll will go live on January 3, 2021.
- Workday Finance and Supply Chain will go live on January 7, 2021.
Ohio State’s Workday Student timeline remains unchanged, with implementation planned to begin in summer 2023.
Additional Important Dates:
- Workday testing, including all end-to-end and user acceptance testing, will continue through May 29, 2020. Due to COVID-19 response priorities, any testing activities with Wexner Medical Center employees that cannot be completed by May 29 will be completed by June 30, 2020.
- All Workday configurations will be locked on June 30, 2020.
- New deadlines for using current systems and processes will be finalized by June 19 and added to the Workday Calendar on the Enterprise Project website by June 30.
- Initial Workday training materials, including job aids and videos for employees and managers, will be available in May 2020. More training materials will be provided throughout summer and autumn, with instructor-led training beginning in September 2020.
- HR and payroll information, including required or requested legacy system data, will be available in the Reporting and Analytics Environment (RAE) on January 3, 2021. Finance and supply chain information will be available in the RAE starting January 7, 2021.
- Ohio State policies that will be revised to reflect new processes and systems will now be effective with the new Workday go-live dates:
- Office of Human Resources policy changes will be effective January 3, 2021.
- Office of Business & Finance policy changes will be effective January 7, 2021.
- More details on policy changes can be found at https://policies.osu.edu/policies-under-review.html.
- Some process changes that are not connected to university policies may be implemented in advance of Workday. Those changes will be communicated by leaders from specific university business areas.
HR Service Delivery Timeline Update
The transition timeline to a new HR and payroll operating model has been modified and will be complete prior to the Workday go-live dates. All HR and payroll professionals will transition to their new roles before Workday HR and Payroll goes live on January 3, 2021.
Due to COVID-19 response priorities, HR and payroll professionals will transition to new roles on a timeline based on current state processes and operational needs. Maintaining operations and minimizing disruptions will be factors that decide transition dates for employees.
HR Business Partners will work closely with OHR leaders, payroll leaders, and the Enterprise Project team to develop individual transition plans and timelines for their HR and payroll professionals.