Data & Technology
Revolutionary Technology and Revelatory Data
The Enterprise Project affords Ohio State a clear opportunity to re-define the institution’s data culture alongside its changing technology landscape. The implementation of Workday and other enterprise technology platforms encourages a commitment to shared data, leveraging one source of truth. The project’s data and technology transformation initiatives will enhance data quality and analytics while reducing the university’s IT footprint. These initiatives include:
- Establishing processes and documentation, including standard data definitions.
- Evaluating current systems and assessing which systems can be retired due to an overlap with Workday functionality.
- Building the (RAE) to meet external reporting requirements, house historical data and explore data with flexibility and ease.
- Introducing and supporting modern analytics tools, such as .
Benefits to the Campus Community
IT professionals, data analysts and report users across campus will all be directly impacted by the Enterprise Project’s data and technology transformation initiatives. Positive outcomes of this work include:
- Security through simplified access and more comprehensive data monitoring.
- Consistency through eliminated data copies and increased clarity of data definitions.
- Access to accurate datasets and improved tools.
- Alignment in common technologies and skills throughout the university community.
The IT community will be engaged in learning more about these transformational changes in 2019.