HR Service Delivery
Case for Change
The proposed HR Service Delivery model seeks to provide an exceptional HR experience to the Ohio State community. Through the service delivery model, the Office of Human Resources seeks to realize the following benefits for the larger Ohio State community.
- A Leading Faculty, Staff and Student Experience: Moments that matter to faculty, staff and students will be delivered in a seamless and consistent manner across the university through a variety of channels.
- Consistent and Streamlined Processes: Consistent and streamlined processes across the university and medical center will offer necessary flexibility in delivering HR support.
- Data and Transaction Integrity: New data governance structures and related automated internal controls will maintain quality data and decrease transaction errors.
- Clear Pathways to HR Career Progression: Enable clear career pathways within HR, and will increase bandwidth for HR professionals to support career progression strategies for faculty, staff and students.
- Risk Reduction: Reduce operational, security, compliance and financial risk across the organization.
HR Service Delivery Overview
Human Resources at Ohio State is adopting a more modern, efficient and effective service delivery model to provide high-quality, consistent support to current and prospective leaders, faculty, staff and students. The Ohio State community will benefit from more self-service options to get what they need, when they need it—as well as continued support for the moments when you need personalized HR services.
HR Service Delivery (HRSD) includes:
- an optimized service model and business processes.
- consistency in HR roles and responsibilities.
- service-enabling technology, such as case management and knowledge base tools.
- Shared Service Center with supported by Service Management enabling technology.