Below are a few updates to help student employees navigate Workday and coming changes. Workday is Ohio State’s new tool for managing employee and institutional data. It will equip you with self-service tools that are mobile and easy to use.
What's Changing for Student Employees
Technology Changes Overview for Student Employees
HR Requests and Personal Information Changes
- In the future, all these actions will be done in Workday after logging in with my Ohio State name.# and authenticating through BuckeyePass.
- I access Workday to update my personal information and view my payslip (formerly known as a “paycheck”).
- I can view the reporting structure for my college or unit using interactive org charts with real-time information and updates.
- If I have an HR question or need, I call the HR Shared Services Center or reach out to my unit’s HR consultant.
Time Tracking and Absence Changes
- I will track my hours worked in Workday.
- Some student employees in the Office of Student Life, Department of Athletics and the Office of Administration and Planning will use a new digital timeclock.