The Foundation Data Model (FDM) is comprised of finance, human resources, payroll, and student dimensions. Worktags are descriptors assigned to a transaction that provide information for reporting and analysis purposes. Below is information on key decisions made about finance worktags.
Access the Financial Foundation Data Model (FFDM) definitions link from Business and Finance for a full list of definitions.
Cost Center (University, OSU Physicians, OSU Health Plan)
All new values will be generated for Cost Center IDs and we will leverage sequential numbering.
Cost Center (Health System)
Leverage the IDs that are within the “Org” segment in PeopleSoft. This decision was made for the Health System due to their 1 to 1 mapping of PeopleSoft Orgs to Workday Cost Centers.
Leverage the IDs that are within the Fund segment in PeopleSoft that represent current use gift funds and endowment principal funds.
- The Advance System (TAS) generated Gift IDs will be used when creating new gifts in Workday.
- Moving forward, once a new Gift is established, we will continue to use that ID throughout Workday as well as any integrating system that uses Gift information.
- PeopleSoft Endowment Distribution Funds beginning with “2” and “06” will be collapsed with the Endowment Principal Funds and become one Workday Gift leveraging the ID from the PeopleSoft Principal Fund (fund beginning with “6”).
- The Gift ID will not be indicative on the type of Gift (e.g. Current Use vs Endowment). Post conversion, IDs can be any 6 digit numbers.
- Gift ID will be same number of digits as PeopleSoft Fund ID (6 digits).
- Pending Endowment funds (funds beginning with “4”), if converted as a “4” Gift would never change in Workday.
All new values for the Workday IDs using sequential numbering with the exception of Federal Hatch ID numbers.
- Office of Sponsored Programs Projects that become Workday Grants will have the legacy values embedded within the Workday Grant title.
- Federal Hatch numbers would be the Workday ID.
All new values for the Workday IDs using sequential numbering with the exception of FOD ID numbers.
- Projects that become Workday Projects will have the legacy values embedded within the Workday description with the exception of FOD projects.
- Project legacy IDs will be captured in the legacy field on the project for reporting.
- FOD numbers will be the Workday ID.
Prefixing Worktag Values
Each Financial FDM worktag (aside from Ledger Account, Company, Location, Academic Period, Work Order, Financial Class, and Service Line) will have an ID that begins with two distinct letters per ID (e.g. each Cost Center would begin with “CC”).